When our small-business clients receive a hot qualified sales lead from us, in most cases they talk to the prospect on the phone at the time the prospect first calls. But sometimes the inquirer leaves a voice mail or email message. And that requires an additional effort to call back the prospect.
So what’s the most effective approach at following up on a message left by a hot sales lead – such that you have the best shot at actually reaching the person?
The 6-Call Strategy
We recommend following this “Best Practices” approach. Research shows that if you do, you’ll get in touch with that hot sales lead over 97% over the time.
- Return the prospect’s call within 5 minutes of first receiving the lead. Do this every single time and do not wait longer than 5 minutes.
- If you didn’t reach the prospect, attempt callbacks 2 and 3 also on Day 1.
- If you still didn’t reach the prospect, skip Day 2. Then, attempt callback 4 on Day 3.
- If you still didn’t reach the prospect, attempt the fifth call on Day 4.
- And, if you still haven’t reached the prospect, make your sixth call attempt on Day 11.
At Swift Marketing Partners, our goal is to help our clients close more sales ~ with the highest ROI. Contact us today to find out how our Pay-Per-Qualified Inquiry lead-generation program can help boost your business’s bottom line.